NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. THE WINNER WILL BE DRAWN AT THE MMMF DINNER ON FRIDAY 20th OCTOBER
A very special opportunity to play a key part in the Munich Memorial Service.
Every year on February 6th a supporter-led memorial service takes place at the site of the crash in Munich. This service is organised and led by the MMMF. Part of the service is laying a wreath and reading out the names of the 23 people who died in the tragedy.
In 2018 the MMMF launched “The Fan’s Representative” initiative. Each year the MMMF will select two people to attend the service as Fans Reps. Their role will be to lay the wreath on behalf of the United fans around the world and read out the names of those who died. The two people will be selected at random via a draw which will take place at the MMMF Annual Gala Dinner on 20th October 2023. One of those selected must be a child between aged between 13 and 18. The other will be an accompanying adult.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsor, Headley Media Ltd, the cost of return flights to Munich and two nights hotel accommodation in Munich will be paid for.
In order to be included in the draw simply send an email with the subject Munich Fans Rep 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information:
- Have you been to the memorial site at Trudering, Munich before (Yes/No)
- Name of the child and their age on 6th Feb 2024
- How is the child related to you
- If YOU are aged between 13 and 18 please provide the name of the adult who will accompany you
- How is the adult related to you?
- Which country do you live in?
IMPORTANT: THE RULES OF ENTRY
- You must never have been to the memorial site at Trudering, Munich before
- If you are an adult you must nominate a child aged between 13 and 18 who will accompany you. The whole purpose of this initiative is to ensure the legacy is passed down through generations. The lower age limit has been set based on the duties involved in the role.
- This child must be related to you in some way (for example: parent-child; grandparent-grandchild; sibling; aunt/uncle-nephew/niece)
- If a child aged between 13 and 18 is applying they must nominate an adult to accompany them
- This adult must be related to them in some way (for example: parent; grandparent; sibling; aunt/uncle)
- You must be based in the UK or Europe. This is simply a case of finance. We have a limited budget and the more that is spent on air travel, the less we have available to distribute to our charities.
- Closing date for applications is 10th October 2023
To get an idea of what is involved, please see these links on mmmf.co.uk